Testing a Form
Testing your forms allow you not only see how things will look once you’re finished, but it also allows you to understand the process by which your transactions are handled. It is recommended to always test your forms!
- Lock/Unlocked - It is very good practice to get into the habit of locking a form once you’re finished editing it.
- Archiving and Deleting a Form - If you are no longer using a form, you can decide to archive or delete the form. Each decision is followed by a multi-step process to limit accidental archival or deletion.
- Redirecting Archived Forms - This allows you to redirect an old form to a general or newer form. For example, if a patron opens an old link to the archived form, this setup redirects the old link to a live form of your choice.
Keep in mind: Donation Editor changes are automatically saved as you work.
Each form has two link types, a LIVE link and a TEST link.
- LIVE link
- The LIVE link is connected to your LIVE Tessitura environment.
- This is the most common link used for testing and our recommended approach. (The only option from Stream2 and Flex2 Forms)
- This is the link you share with the public!
- TEST link
- The TEST link is connected to your TEST Tessitura environment.
- This is commonly used during the initial account configuration or in certain situations.
- Learn more about the differences of the TEST and LIVE links here.